Do you ever get the feeling that you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time? Or that your situation in life is just not what you had envisioned for yourself? I had that feeling today.
Don’t get me wrong, now, I love so very many aspects of my life, (hi Michael!! ; )
but there is a certain place I thought I would be at this stage in my life that hasn’t happened. Perhaps it was a lack of planning…….I dunno,
nevertheless, I’m determined to make the best of it, pick myself up by my bootstraps, put on a sunny face, and welcome in 2012 with open arms.
So here goes!
Baldwin Rails to Trails 50k
Ironhorse 50 miler
Jetty to Jetty 35 miler
More raw food and juicing, blogging, working hard,
but right now, I just want to bake something.
And so 2011, we say goodbye to you . . . . . such a busy year, filled with training, emotional ups and downs:
still being madly, crazy in love with my best friend (UP);
work related angst (DOWN);
training and mileage gains (UP);
5-8 lb. weight loss (UP);
eating lots of salad for lunch (UP);
injury and illness (DOWN);
getting engaged (UP!!)…
Such a busy year, filled with life and living.
Lessons learned, miles travelled, chocolate consumed, and
Now let’s make the most of those lessons, and run full speed ahead into this new year full of hope, promise and anticipation. As my favorite author wrote, “You’re never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” C.S. Lewis
I think we should celebrate with cake. http://iambaker.net/rose-cake-tutorial
I found this wonderful and delicious looking cake on Pinterest. I especially am enamored of the plethora of icing. I’ll let you know how it goes.
The nitty gritty:
Swim — 73,150 yards
Bike — 4,500 miles
Run — 1,162 miles
1. What one word describes your 2011? Growth
2. What one word comes to mind when you think about 2012? RATS
3. What was your best fitness, athletic or race performance for the year? Being able to run 20 miles relatively pain free
4. What was your biggest disappointment this year (fitness or race version)? Being sick almost the whole month of December and DNS the Jax Marathon.
5. What are you fitness/race goals for 2012? To continue to run my goal races without injury and to finish RATS well.